Thursday, February 19, 2009

Inspired

I've read, heard, and listened to a number of really inspiring messages these past few weeks, and I thought I would share some snippets of them with you. Enjoy!!

A little light is stronger than the dark.
-Nicole C. Mullen, Baby Girl

"...I don't think any church has ever been relevant to culture, to the human struggle, unless it believed in Jesus and the power of His gospel. If the supposed new church believes in trendy music and cool Web pages [to relate to people more] then it is not relevant to culture either. It's just another tool of Satan to get people to be passionate about nothing."
-Donald Miller, Blue Like Jazz

"There are times when faith and common sense do not align. [But] I'll be a fool for you, a simple-ton who's seemingly naive, I do believe you came and made yourself a fool for me."- Nicole Nordemon, Fool For You

"...launching a business in this climate is challenging but with the help of friends and our saviour we know it is a matter of time." - Bryce Finnerty, with regard to his awesome new business www.sticviews.com

"My own encouragement is also up to me." - Sheryl Pepple, on Accountability

"Stop worrying about what you don't have, and make use of what I've already given you." - God, to me through His Word

"Sorry you had such a rough morning...If there is anything that I can do please let me know." - My husband

"...I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime." Erma Bombeck, on If I Had My Life to Live Over

"I preach for a living and if you don't have a critic, you're probably not saying anything." - Mark Driscoll, Mars Hill Pastor

1 comment:

bristowmom said...

As I was reading I thought "Yes! I am going to say I particularly agreed with THIS point." Then I came to another I agree with, and another. Thanks for sharing! Great encouragements!